The Moroccan society for geotechnologies and renewable energies.
The “GEOtechnology & Green Energy Maroc” Srl Company (GeoGEM) is a Moroccan company which is partner of the CGT GROUP. GeoGEM was born from the idea of a group of researchers of the Center for GeoTechnologies (Siena University). Thanks to the ten-year partnerships with the University of Marrakech, started the business activity aimed at research and exploitation of natural resources and the protection of the environment in Morocco and Africa areas. Thanks to the experience of the Scientific Leader of the Company (Prof. Luigi Carmignani), from 2009 were activated regional academic structures by the two universities and a lot of graduates from the University of Marrakech took part in the training activities of the Center for GeoTechnologies (Siena University). In recent years, research projects have also been developed in Morocco with the collaboration of PhD students and fellows of the CGT in the geotechnology fields.
Geogem Company operates in the field of geotechnologies and renewable energies, offering a wide range of services (geotechnical and geoengineering studies, management of water and mining resources, exploration of the subsoil by geophysical methods). The GeoGEM Staff has also acquired important skills in the field of training aimed at know-how and technological transferring by organizing specialized on-site courses. All these activities are performed for specialized services and as part of international research projects.
The GeoGEM team has collaborated in the training activities for the Wadis-MAR projects (Water harvesting and Agricultural techniques in Dry lands: an Integrated and Sustainable model in the Maghreb Regions) and H2020 FLOWERED (de – FLuoridation technologies for imprOving quality of WatEr and agRo – animal products along the East African Rift Valley in the context of aDaptation to climate change), it is also part of the group of teachers of the Center for GeoTechnologies of Siena University for the teaching activities of the second level Masters.
The business idea was designed and developed in synergy with professionals operating for a long time in Morocco that allow the staff of GeoGEM to work with greater facility and effectiveness. The GeoGEM work team has also the continuous support of researchers from the Center for GeoTechnologies (Siena University) for research projects and on-site technical training activities: GeoGEM is part of the “Service Center and Incubator of Companies of Siena University in the industrial area of Bomba – Cavriglia (CSII UNISI) and in this work environment develops its know-how by increasing the opportunities for professional and scientific growth.
Geotechnology and Green Energy Maroc (GEOGEM) company deals with:
- Management of natural resources
- Training & Capacity buildings
The GeoGEM staff has worked in numerous national and international projects in the field of geotechnologies and capacity building. The main activities developed by our team are listed below:
- Design and development of a web cartography and an Android app dedicated to the promotion and management of travel packages for cultural tourism in Morocco.
- Capacity building activities as part of the “Wadis-MAR” Project (Water harvesting and Agricultural techniques in Dry lands: an Integrated and Sustainable model in Maghreb Regions).
- Activities for hydrogeophysical surveys and capacity building in the context of H2020 Flowered Project (de – FLuoridation technologies for impressing quality of WatEr and agRo-animal products along the East African Rift Valley in the context of a Daptation to climate change).
- ERT prospecting (resistivity method) aimed at identifying conductive bodies, possible location of Galena (Loc. Skoura – Morocco).
- Survey for the 1/250,000 scale Wadi Hamin geological sheet of the Geological Map of Libya (for the Geological Service of Libya).
- Studies in the Italian basement and its evolution in the Alpine, Apennine and Maghrebid chains (PRIN 1994 and PRIN 1995 for the Ministry of University and Research Education (MIUR)
- Construction of the “Geological Map of Libya” 1:250,000 Wadi at the Hamim sheet, NH 34.7 ’(1984) Industrial Research Center, Tripoli (Libya).
- Integration of archaeological research in the site of Cyrene (Libya) through analysis of satellite images and digital photogrammetry applications.
- Studies related to ‘The Qasr As Sahabi succession and the Neogene evolution of the Sirte Basin (Libya), published in the Journal of African Earth Sciences, Vol.10, 753 – 769 (1990).
Legal seat: Chez “Fiduciaire d’audit Charaka” Al Manar 6, Imm. F, N° 12, 2eme étage, Quartier Saada, Marrakech (Morocco)
Headquaters: Bureau au Rez Chausez sis à Lot Charaf, Marrakech (Morocco)
Italian operational seat: Incubatore Universitario di Imprese di Cavriglia, Via Strasburgo, 7, Zona industriale di Bomba, Cavriglia, Arezzo (Italiy)